Cr Samantha McIntosh
About Councillor McIntosh
Samantha McIntosh is a Central Ward Councillor (since 2008) and is a confident and visionary leader, working to build Ballarat’s reputation as a progressive and forward-looking historical city, the regional capital of Western Victoria.
She is well known for taking a strategic approach to the Councillor role; lobbying governments, forging partnerships and advocating strongly on behalf of Ballarat and its residents. Awarded as Emeritus Mayor by MAV in 2019 after three consecutive Mayoral terms. Her focus has included delivering a strategic vision for the city which facilitates job creation, attracts investment and delivers essential services and infrastructure.
First elected to Ballarat City Council in December 2008 to represent the municipality’s North Ward. Re-elected in the Central Ward in 2012 and 2016; Cr McIntosh served as Deputy Mayor in 2012 and Mayor in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
Under her leadership, the City of Ballarat continued to partner with governments and the private sector to deliver priority projects for the city including the redevelopment of Civic Hall and the Ballarat Station Precinct, and new builds including GovHub and the Ballarat Sports and Events Centre.
Significant state and federal funding was also secured through this period to begin projects like Link Road, Ballarat West Employment Zone (BWEZ) and airport developments.
Cr McIntosh has played an active role in the Prosperity portfolio of Council including, tourism, creation of local business opportunity, and a broad array of economic development initiatives.
Cr McIntosh has trained as a registered nurse, has owned and managed tourism hospitality and health support venues, and worked as a real estate agent in Ballarat.
Cr McIntosh is married, has four adult children and two grandchildren.
- Community Grant Allocation Delegate Committee
- Her Majesty’s Theatre Board Special Committee (Chair)
- Planning Delegated Committee
- Coghill’s Creek / Glendaruel Cemetery (as Trustee)
- Learmonth Cemetery(as Trustee)
- Ballarat Airport / Aerodrome Advisory Committee
- Ballarat Heritage Advisory Committee (Chair)
- Lake Wendouree and Gardens Advisory Committee (Chair)
- Arch of Victory / Avenue of Honour Advisory Committee
- CEO Performance Review Advisory Committee
- Australian Local Government Women’s Association