The City of Ballarat is required under Section 94 of the Local Government Act 2020 to prepare a budget for each financial year and subsequent 3 financial years.
Streamlining the 2024/25 budget engagement process
The City of Ballarat is changing the way it engages with community in preparation of the annual budget. We are shifting to a single engagement period, instead of many rounds of consultation.
This comprehensive, earlier engagement process will ensure Council is better informed of residents’ priorities. This will provide better context for the Council Plan 2021-2025 prior to the development of the budget. Community feedback obtained during this period will help inform the priorities outlined in the budget.
Engagement is now open and will run through to 27 October 2023.
There are three ways to participate in the budget engagement:
1. Fill out the MySay survey online
2. Speak to City of Ballarat Finance staff
City of Ballarat Finance staff will be available at the Customer Service centre at the following times for community members to speak with directly:
- Tuesday 10 October – 9am – 12pm
- Thursday 12 October – 2pm – 5pm
- Tuesday 17 October – 2pm – 5pm
- Friday 20 October – 9am – 12pm
- Monday 23 October – 2pm – 5pm
- Wednesday 25 October – 9am – 12pm
3. Attend a drop-in session
The following two online sessions will also be conducted for those residents who are unable to attend during business hours. Registrations for these sessions can be made via the MySay page.
- Monday 16 October – 7pm – 8pm
- Tuesday 24 October – 7pm – 8pm
Community feedback obtained during this period will help inform the priorities outlined in the budget.
- Budget 2022-23
- Budget 2021-22
- Budget 2020-21
- Budget 2019-20
- Strategic Resource Plan 2019-20
- Budget 2018-19
- Strategic Resource Plan 2018-19
- Budget 2017-18
- Budget 2016-17
- Strategic Resource Plan 2017-18
- Strategic Resource Plan 2016-17