Over half of Ballarat's street trees are deciduous. Making the collection of leaves a significant task during Autumn and Winter. Our staff collect leaf litter on a street by street basis as well as responding to individual enquires.
Dos and Don'ts
- Sweep leaves from gutters and footpaths into small piles and place them on the kerbside.
Submit a leaf collection request using the Online Form or call our Customer Service team on 5320 5500.
- Compost and mulch the leaves from your property.
- If you have a lot of plane tree leaves, go over them with a mower with a catcher attached to create mulch as these leaves do not compost well.
- Leaves can be taken to the Transfer Station.
- Put leaves in the general waste bin
- Burn leaves, you could receive a $500 fine