Community gardens - Local Food Coalition
Ballarat Local Food Coalition
In its first year the Ballarat Local Food Coalition will work with Sustain: The Australian Food Network to identify local needs and resources, culminating in an action plan which gives the community more agency to develop a resilient, healthy and fair local food system.
Download the Ballarat Local Food Coalition information sheet for more information.
Local food coalitions (also known as alliances or networks) serve as forums for:
- discussing food system issues
- helping to develop a common language and understanding about the strengths and challenges of the local food system
- fostering coordination and collaboration between different sectors in the food system
- evaluating and influencing food policy
- working to mobilise resources and funding
- launching or supporting programs and services that address local needs
Join a community garden
Community gardening is a proactive use for public open space and helps to create healthy, connected safe and sustainable communities.
- Ballarat Community Garden
- Ballarat Neighborhood Centre Our Kitchen Garden
- Buninyong Community Garden
- Lucas Community Garden
- Ballarat North Neighbourhood House Community Garden
6 Crompton Street, Soldiers Hill
0491 753 307
- Learmonth Community Garden
212-218 High St (Cnr Bankin St) Learmonth
Start a community garden
If you're interested in starting your own community garden. View our Guide to Community Gardens.
Want more information?
Call our Community Development team on 5320 5500.