How do I get my bin?

We supply bins to the ratepayer or property as part of our waste collection service.

Available bins:

  • 140L with a red lid for general waste
  • 240L with a yellow lid for recycling
  • 240L with a light green lid for green waste

We do not deliver bins to your property unless it is occupied to reduce the occurrence of bins being stolen.

Bins we provide must remain at the property for the next occupant.


Want to know more?

Call our Customer Service team on 5320 5500 or submit an enquiry using EServices.

Sustainability Victoria provide more details on what can go into the different bins.

Fixing or replacing my bin

We repair or replace damaged bins for free. It's recommended you do not make temporary repairs to bins.

You will need to tell us:

  • Your name
  • Your address and contact number
  • What type or size of bin needs to be repaired - is it your general waste, green waste, or recycling bin?
  • What part of the bin is damaged - is it a wheel, the lid, handle, pins, axles, or joins?
  • The degree of damage - is the bin unusable?

Please contact Customer Service on 03 5320 5500 to arrange for your bin to be repaired or replaced. This occurs on your next designated collection day after you make the call as the bin needs to be empty and on your kerbside for a repair or replacement.

Skip bins and permits

If you're a resident and need a skip bin delivered to your property, you will need to contact a skip bin company who will apply to us on your behalf to arrange a permit.

  • Payment for the permit will be incorporated in the cost the skip bin company will charge you
  • The skip bin company must be registered with us before they can apply for a permit
  • We do not provide skip bins for hire.


Are you a skip bin provider and wish to create an online debtor account?

Call our Compliance team on 5320 5500

Page topics