Cr Des Hudson OAM (Mayor)
About Councillor Hudson
Des Hudson is the Mayor of the City of Ballarat (since 2022) and South Ward Councillor.
Des Hudson is a South Ward Councillor (since 2002) and is focused on community safety and wellbeing, working to implement measures that will enhance the quality of life for all Ballarat residents.
Cr Hudson supports managed growth and development and has a long-term vision for Ballarat which aims to attract investment, build prosperity and ensure there are the jobs and infrastructure to support our growing city.
Now in his fifth term, Cr Hudson is the longest serving Councillor with the post-amalgamation City of Ballarat and served as Mayor in 2015-2016 and as Deputy Mayor in 2007, 2008 and 2014.
A long-serving member of Victoria Police, Cr Hudson is involved with a range of community organisations and is the recipient of the National Medal, National Police Service Medal, and Victoria Police Ethical Standards Medal.
Cr Hudson is married with two children.
- Community Impact Grant Allocations Delegated Committee (Chair)
- Planning Delegated Committee (Chair)
- Sebastopol RSL Hall Community Asset Delegated Committee
- Coghill’s Creek / Glendaruel Cemetery (Chair)
- Learmonth Cemetery (Chair)
- Ballarat Regional Soccer Facility Advisory Committee (Chair)
- Local Learning Education Network
- Central Highlands Councils Victoria
- Regional Cities Victoria
Community members with matters they would like to raise with councillors should first contact the City of Ballarat Customer Service team on 5320 5500 or submit a report using the Snap Send Solve app or using the Report an Issue Online form in the first instance to ensure the matter is logged accordingly.
Get in touch