Cr Daniel Moloney
How do I get in touch?
About Councillor Moloney
Daniel Moloney is a public relations and stakeholder relations professional who was elected to represent the North Ward in October 2016.
Cr Moloney has two decades of high‐level policy experience advising and working with corporate directors, councils, government departments and ministers.
Cr Moloney wants to foster and promote Ballarat’s heritage, tourism, sports and arts sectors. His strong background in tourism includes work as a Board Member of Ballarat Regional Tourism and as a marketer with V/Line; his communications experience includes work advising Victorian government agencies, a London-based charity, and as a suburban Melbourne-based journalist.
Cr Moloney runs his own small business, a Ballarat and Melbourne-based public relations company.
As one of the thousands of Ballarat residents who regularly commute by train to Melbourne to work Cr Moloney wants to see public transport services continue to improve. One of his focuses as a Councillor is on local and regional jobs growth, so residents who prefer to work locally need not travel out of Ballarat for employment.
Cr Moloney has a BA (Journalism) RMIT, MBA (Federation University Australia), Dip Business and is a Fellow of the Public Relations Institute of Australia.
Cr Moloney grew up in the Ballarat, returning to the city several years ago to raise his two children
- Her Majesty’s Theatre Board Special Committee
- Ballarat Airport/Aerodrome Advisory Committee
- Ballarat Heritage Advisory Committee
- Brown Hill Hall Committee
- Eureka Centre Community Advisory Committee
- Lake Wendouree & Gardens Advisory Committee
- CEO Performance Review Advisory Committee
- Active Transport Working Group
- Arch of Victory/Avenue of Honour Advisory Committee
- Coghills Creek / Glendaruel Cemetery
- Learmonth Cemetery
- Portfolios: Development and Planning (Prosperity) and Finance