Cr Ben Taylor
How do I get in touch?
About Councillor Taylor
Ben Taylor is a South Ward Councillor (since 2008) and is focused on streamlining the planning process to encourage business and job growth; while ensuring Council’s approach to growth is strategic, planned and well managed.
Cr Taylor served as the 14th Mayor of the City of Ballarat in 2019 and 2020. Cr Taylor takes an ‘open to business’ approach with activation of the Ballarat CBD a priority, a place where the business, retail and hospitality sectors thrive, creating a stimulating destination for residents and visitors.
With a strong commitment to the South Ward, Cr Taylor works toward community building in areas like Sebastopol and Ballarat East, to strengthen and increase community involvement and engagement.
Cr Taylor holds an Advanced Diploma of Business Management from the University of Ballarat and works as Business Development Manager at Ballarat’s Samsung Business Centre.
Cr Taylor, his wife and their four children live near Buninyong in the historic heart of the South Ward.
He is active as a coach and player with the Wildcats Basketball Club.
- Contracts Approval Special Committee (Chair)
- Planning Delegated Committee
- Audit and Risk Committee
- Coghill’s Creek / Glendaruel Cemetery (as Trustee)
- Learmonth Cemetery (as Trustee)
- CEO Performance Review Advisory Committee
- Active Transport Working Group
- Grampians Central West Waste and Resource Recovery Group
- Municipal Fire Management Planning Committee