What's open and what's closed
The following services remain closed for the time being:
- Robert Clark Horticultural Centre at the Ballarat Botanical Gardens
- Ballarat Mining Exchange
- Her Majesty's Theatre
What hasn't changed
- Active Ageing
- Ballarat Animal Shelter
- Ballarat Botanical Gardens
- Building and planning (by appointment only)
- Childcare (with priority given to essential workers)
- Our Customer Service team is still answering calls. Please call 5320 5500 if you have a question about our services.
- Our emergency management team
- Household waste and recycling collection
- Immunisation services (by appointment only)
- In-home support
- Maternal and Child Health services
- Meals on Wheels
- Operations depot
- Parks and gardens
- Pass on Glass drop-off sites
- Rapid response (infrastructure and maintenance)
- Street cleaning and cleaning public bins
What has changed
The following services and programs have experienced changes due to the Victorian Government's COVID-19 restrictions. As of Thursday 18 February:
Ballarat Botanical Gardens Conservatory
The Ballarat Botanical Gardens Conservatory has reopened with physical distancing and number limits.
Visit our libraries page for updates on our library facilities.
Art Gallery of Ballarat
The Art Gallery of Ballarat has reopened to visitors. Two ticketed sessions are available each day to visit the Gallery.
Eureka Centre Ballarat
Eureka Centre has reopened.
City of Ballarat Customer Service (the Phoenix)
The Phoenix will open at 8.30am to make sure the Customer Service area can be disinfected before opening to customers.
The City of Ballarat also offers a range of online services, such as online payments, and online forms. A webchat service is also available.
Ballarat Animal Shelter
The Ballarat Animal Shelter is taking appointments between 10am and 3pm Monday to Friday for adoptions.
If you're looking for your pet, contact the Shelter team on 5334 2075 to make an appointment to collect your pet.
If you've found a lost pet, contact our Customer Service team on 5320 5500.
Gillies Street Transfer Station
Gillies Street Transfer Station is open in a limited capacity. We can only accept vouchers from residents or card-based payment.
The transfer station is open on weekdays from 8am to 4pm and weekends from 10am to 4pm.
Maternal and Child Health services
Our Maternal and Child Health services are essential to our community and we are running services for families with young babies and those who require extra support.
Our childhood immunisation clinic is still running, but by appointment only.
All immunisations must be booked before attending. Please contact the immunisations team on 5320 5720 to make an appointment.
If you or your child are feeling unwell, please reschedule your appointment.