Local Law Activity Permit

You will need a permit to use City of Ballarat land for small temporary activities.

Small temporary activities:

  • have less than 100 people in attendance
  • use minimal equipment

Larger events will need an Event Permit


What activities need a permit?

Activities such as:

  • fundraising / raffle ticket sellers
  • highway intersection collection
  • walkathons / fun runs
  • sausage sizzles
  • advertising signs
  • recreational activity for commercial gain


How to apply

  1. Complete the permit application
  2. Email your application and evidence of public liability insurance to info@ballarat.vic.gov.au

You should apply at least 14 days before the activity. A fee may apply.