Last chance to provide feedback on the Draft Public Toilet Strategy
Less than one week remains for you to provide feedback on the City of Ballarat’s Draft Public Toilet Strategy.
The Draft Public Toilet Strategy sets out a vision to provide high quality, inclusive and accessible public toilets that are safe, clean and cater for the needs of all residents and visitors.
It also provides a review of existing toilet facilities, including location, levels of use, access and signage, safety, overall condition, management and maintenance regimes.
The City of Ballarat held extensive community consultation in the development of the Draft Public Toilet Strategy which has helped guide the development of a number of key recommendations.
Key recommendations of the Draft Strategy include:
- Conducting site assessments and business cases for potential new public toilets
- Exploring alternative locations for a new public toilet in the Little Bridge Street vicinity
- Exploring opportunities to upgrade or renew existing toilets in regional townships
- Setting out Environmentally Sustainable Design principles into all new public toilets
- Improving wayfinding and signage of public toilets, including information on the City of Ballarat website showing an image of the facility, its address, opening hours and amenities.
- Exploring provisions for improved hygiene, including installing hand soap dispensers in all public toilets
Building or upgrading new ‘standard’ or ‘destination’ type public toilets with at least one toilet cubicle for anyone to use (regardless of age, ability, gender or cultural background) in addition to maintaining at least one male-only and one female-only public toilet.
City of Ballarat Mayor, Cr Des Hudson encouraged those yet to complete the survey to provide their feedback before consultation closes on Sunday 24 September.
“Public toilets are a basic human necessity however many people don’t think about how important they are until they need one,” he said.
“I encourage everyone to help us shape the future of public toilet facilities right across the Ballarat municipality.
“The outcome of this survey will help guide how the City of Ballarat plans, provides, designs and manages public toilets.”
Feedback from our community will inform the final Public Toilet Strategy which is expected to be presented to Council for consideration later this year.
Have your say on the Draft Public Toilet Strategy until 5pm, Sunday 24 September at mysay.ballarat.vic.gov.au/public-toilet-strategy.
You can also pick-up a printed copy of the survey at City of Ballarat sites, including Customer Service and Ballarat Libraries.
Christmas in Ballarat celebrations under way
Public Notices - Friday 1 December 2023
Mayor’s Message - Friday 1 December 2023
The future is bright for leading Ballarat events
May your Christmas be furry and bright
City of Ballarat to remove and replace 12 trees around Lake Wendouree
The City of Ballarat will remove and replace 12 poplar, willow and claret ash trees that are at the end of their life…