We recently adopted the Miners Rest Township Plan. The Township Plan was prepared following extensive community consultation and seeks to:
- Establish a long-term community vision for Miners Rest
- Develop a prioritised action plan
- Help authorities prioritise investment in Miners Rest
- Provide a sound basis for grant applications and lobbying for funding
- Identify potential Ballarat Planning Scheme land use planning actions to achieve the vision.
The Township Plan includes a vision statement – In 2040 Miners Rest will be:
- A family-orientated rural township with a friendly and inclusive community spirit
- A compact and contained township functioning as a separate ‘satellite’ settlement to Ballarat
- A rural township character which is positively influenced by the surrounding open rural landscape
- A township with ample commercial uses and activities to meet the day-to-day needs of the local community and businesses
- A vibrant, inviting and attractive township with well-designed, tree-lined streetscapes and pedestrian/cycling connections linking major community hubs
- A township recognised and celebrated for its significant equine industry
- A township with ample public transport options and the safe management of vehicle traffic.
We have begun preparing a Planning Scheme Amendment to implement the Township Plan into the Ballarat Planning Scheme. This will include a public exhibition period where all landholders and interested parties will have the chance to make a formal submission. This will be widely advertised, and all affected landowners will be directly notified.
Find out more about the Central Victorian Livestock Exchange saleyards.