Have you received a fine?

Pay your fine using eServices or other payment methods.

You may be eligible to pay your fine in instalments.

Want to appeal a fine?

Submit an appeal before the due date on the notice using our online forms.

Things to know about making an appeal:

  • An appeal can be made by yourself or by somebody acting on your behalf with your consent.
  • An appeal must state the grounds on which you consider the decision should be reviewed.
  • You must provide your current address and infringement number.
  • To avoid additional costs and enforcement action being taken against you, a request for a review should be made prior to the due date listed on the infringement notice.

What are grounds for appeal?

Exceptional circumstances

An unforeseen or unpreventable circumstance. For example, medical emergencies.

Contrary to law

If you believe the infringement was unlawful or not valid.

Special circumstances

  • a mental or intellectual disability, disorder, disease or illness
  • a serious addiction to drugs, alcohol or volatile substance
  • homelessness, or
  • family violence within the meaning of the Family Violence Protection Act 2008.

You must provide evidence (e.g. letter, report, statement) from one of the following parties to support your application.

  • a case worker, case manager or social worker
  • a general practitioner, psychiatrist or psychologist, or
  • an accredited drug treatment agency.

Evidence should include:

  • the practitioner/case worker’s qualification and relationship with you, including the period of engagement
  • the nature, severity and duration of your condition or your circumstances
  • whether you were suffering from the relevant condition or circumstances at the time the offence was committed, and
  • whether, in the opinion of the practitioner/case worker, it is more likely than not that your condition/circumstances resulted in your inability to understand or control the conduct constituting the offence.

The practitioner or agency report must show that because of your condition/situation you could not understand or control constituting the offence.

Mistaken identity

A case of mistaken identity. You would need to include evidence such as a copy of your driver's licence.

Person unaware of fine

An application made on the grounds of ‘person unaware’ must:

  1. be made within 14 days of you becoming aware of the infringement notice
    (you may evidence the date that you became aware of the infringement notice by executing a statutory declaration),
  2. state the grounds on which the decision should be reviewed, and
  3. provide your current address for service.

I want to pay by instalments

If you're having trouble paying your fine, you may be able to apply to pay your fine in instalments.

I need a payment extension

If you're unable to pay your fine on time, you may be able to apply for a payment extension.