THE CITY OF BALLARAT LIBRARIES ARE CLOSED
All City of Ballarat Libraries remain closed until further notice.
The City of Ballarat will continue to review all of its services in line with the Victorian Government’s plan announced on 11 May, but at this stage there will be no changes to its services. The City hopes it can start to deliver modified services to the community soon, but will not do this prematurely. We will keep you updated.
In the meantime - you can still access a whole range of resources at your library,
The other good news is there are no fines generated for items currently on loan – you can keep them at home until we re-open. This is in line with current advice for our community to stay at home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- You can still join our libraries online and borrow eBooks.
When you join, you will be given a web ID that is valid for three months which gives you access to eResources including eBook, eAudiobooks, magazines and films
- We would prefer you keep your library items at home until
- We have extended the due date on all loans until we re-open.
We will not charge fees on items currently overdue
- You cannot currently pick up held items. They will still be there for you when we re-open
- Wait until the libraries re-open to pay your fine. We can’t take payments by phone or online at the moment
- The Home Library Service is currently closed
- We will provide regular updates regarding library services on our website and social media.
To contact the library email us at email@example.com
You're never too young to fall in love with words and stories.
The City of Ballarat's three branch libraries open up a world of reading to Ballarat's youngest residents and their families.
Your local library runs free storytime sessions for young children, with activities including telling stories, reciting rhymes, singing songs, doing craft and exploring other languages and cultures.
The library also hosts Technology Hub sessions that provide free training on a range of topics, including computers, tablets and smartphones.
With your library card, you’ll also receive 24/7 access to books, films, magazines and more. And it's free to become a member!
Visit the Ballarat Libraries:
- Ballarat Library, 178 Doveton Street North. Phone: 5338 6850
- Wendouree Library, Stockland Shopping Centre, Gillies Street. Phone: 5339 3505
- Sebastopol Library, 181 Albert Street. Phone: 5335 7985
Library Outreach Van
The instant pop-up library rolls into Miners Rest, Learmonth, Delacombe, Warrenheip, Ballarat East, Buninyong and Lucas every week. The library van features a range of adult and children's resources including books, magazines, audio visual material and DVDs.
The City of Ballarat Library Van stops at:
- Miners Rest Primary School, Dundas Street — Mondays, 2.30-4.30pm
- Lucas Community Hub, Coltman Plaza — Tuesdays, 10am-12pm
- Warrenheip Memorial Hall, Ti Tree Road — Tuesdays, 2.30-4.30pm
- Learmonth Bowling Club, 2 McKay Street — Wednesdays, 10am-12pm
- The Eureka Centre, Stawell Street South — Thursdays, 10am-12.30pm
- Delacombe Salvation Army, corner Greenhalghs Road and Warrina Drive — Fridays, 10am-12pm
- The Church of Saints Peter and Paul, 701 Fisken Street, Buninyong — Saturdays, 9am-12pm
Sign up for our monthly eNewsletter here to keep up-to-date with library events, programs and service information.