Intercultural Ambassador Program
About the Intercultural Ambassador Program
This program aims to enhance community awareness and social acceptance in Ballarat, foster leadership within multicultural and Indigenous communities, and highlight the positive contributions migrants and Indigenous Australians make to our community.
Ambassadors have come from a broad range of backgrounds, religions, and cultures, all working together to create a vibrant, diverse, and harmonious city.
Ambassadors are appointed every three years.
Our new Intercultural Ambassadors for 2022 – 2025 are:
- Lokan Ravi from India (Kerala) is a Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist.
- Lucien Ibrahim is a Civil Engineer from Lebanon.
- Maridel Martinez Andanar, from the Philippines is a Broadcaster Journalist.
- Lilly Wright, from Malaysia, Café/Kitchen Co-ordinator, who also bakes cakes.
- Victor Barrantes, from Colombia teaches Latin Dance and has his own fitness business.
- Yaqoob Kazan from Afghanistan is a healthcare Instrument Technician.
- Yilin Liu is an Account Manager from China.
- Anam Shahab is a Computer Engineer from Pakistan.
- Antonella Cupello is a Personal Carer, born in Australia whose parents were Italian Migrants.
- Hien Blackmore, born in Australia, whose parents were refugees from Vietnam. She is a stay-at-home mum.