ANZAC Day commemorations
Pay tribute to and remember those who have served at ANZAC Day services across Ballarat on Tuesday 25 April 2023.
ANZAC Day Services across Ballarat
Ballarat Cenotaph, Sturt Street
6.00am Dawn Service at the Ballarat Cenotaph in Sturt Street, followed by Gunfire Breakfast at Ballarat RSL Midlands Golf Club. A transfer bus to and from the RSL will be provided.
10.30am ANZAC Day March, from Lyons Street North to Ballarat Cenotaph, followed by the Commemorative Service at the Ballarat Cenotaph.
Refreshments and Two-Up from 1.00pm at Midlands Golf Club.
Those attending the services in an official capacity will need to register their attendance with the RSL.
For more information about the ANZAC Day service in Sturt Street please contact the Ballarat RSL on (03) 5332 3300.
Cardigan and Windermere Fire Brigade
7.00am: Short ceremony at the Fireman’s memorial in Remembrance Drive, corner Finch's Road, followed by the placing of a wreath.
Arch of Victory
8.00am: Service at the Ballarat Arch of Victory/Garden of the Grieving Mother
8.45am: March from Sebastopol Post Office, Albert Street
9.00am: Commemorative Service at the Sebastopol Cenotaph
Australian Ex-Prisoners of War Memorial
9.00am: Wreath Laying service at the memorial
Please register via: https://www.powmemorialballarat.com.au/
10.00am: Service at the Miner’s Rest Cenotaph
10.15am Service at Buninyong Memorial Park
To have your ANZAC Day 2023 commemorative service details added to this list please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For the safety of participants and all road users, the following traffic alterations will be in place;
1. Lane Closures – Sturt Street, Monday 24 April
In preparation for the ANZAC Day services at the Cenotaph, the eastbound side of Sturt Street will be reduced to one lane between Lyons Street and Dawson Street, from 1pm Monday 24 April and then again post the services until approximately 4pm on Tuesday 25 April.
2. Road Closures – Sturt Street, Tuesday 25 April – ANZAC Dawn Service (6am) + Day Service (11am)
Sturt Street will be closed from Dawson Street to Raglan Street in both directions to all traffic between 4am and 4pm.
During this closure, the following additional roads will be impacted:
▪ Lyons Street South will be closed between Dana Street and Sturt Street with access for local traffic via Dana Street only (except between 9.30am – 11.30am).
▪ Lyons Street North will be closed between Sturt Street and Mair Street with access for local traffic via Mair Street only (except between 9.30am – 11.30am).
▪ Traffic detours will be in place along Dana Street and Mair Street.
3. Road Closures – Sturt Street with intersecting roads from Raglan Street to Doveton Street, Tuesday 25 April – ANZAC March (10.30am)
The Anzac Day march will form up in Lyons Street North from 9.30am.
At 10.30am the march will commence, leaving Lyons St Nth, progressing eastbound along Sturt Street to Doveton Street (Midland Highway, A300) and return westbound along Sturt Street to the Cenotaph, where the march will conclude in Lyons Street South.
▪ Sturt Street and all intersecting streets will be progressively closed from Raglan Street to Doveton Street from 10.15am and will re-open as soon as the march passes.
4. Road Closures – Sebastopol, Tuesday 25 April
▪ The Midland Hwy (A300) will be closed from Victoria Street to Walker Street in both directions to all traffic from 8.15am to approximately 10.30am to allow for a safe progression of the ANZAC march.
▪ Traffic detours will be in place.
5. Road Closures - Arch of Victory
▪ The Learmonth St service road will be closed from Beaufort St to Golf St between 7.30am to approx. 9am. Access for local traffic only.
Activities and decorations
If you can't make it to a dawn ceremony or attend an ANZAC Day service, you and your family can learn more about the ANZAC Spirit all year round.
Bunting templates supplied by the RSL to place in windows and on fences:
Whether you like them crunchy or chewy, it wouldn’t be ANZAC Day without these classics.