Planning Scheme Amendments
Other Areas of City Strategy :
From time to time, changes to the scheme are proposed to either reflect new circumstances or improve the scheme. The Minister for Planning, the council or an applicant can instigate an amendment.
The process for an amendment to the scheme is outlined in the Planning and Environment Act 1987. The Department of Planning and Community Development (DPCD) provides a guide which outlines the steps in the amendment process. An amendment may involve a change to a planning scheme map (sometimes called a rezoning) or a change to the ordinance (written part of the scheme) or both.
Recently Completed Amendments
- Amendment C143 - 1503 Geelong Road, Mount Clear
Rezones land at part of 1503 Geelong Road, Mt Clear from the Farming Zone to Residential 1 Zone and updates local policy framework and relevant development plans.
- Amendment C151 - Ballarat Activity Centres Strategy
Amends Clauses 21.04 and 21.10 to implement Ballarat Activity Centres Strategy, 2012
- Amendment C107- Six Heritage Precincts
Amendment C107 - Six Heritage Precincts
- Amendment C119- 193 Swinglers Road, Invermay
This amendment rezones 193 Swinglers Road, Invermay, from Special Use Zone 5 – Private Education Establishment to Rural Living Zone
- Amendment C137 - Policy Neutral Revision of Local Planning Policy Framework
This amendment is a 'policy neutral' revision of the Municipal Strategic Statement (MSS) which improves and updates Clause 21 of the Ballarat Planning Scheme,
- Amendment C141- Ballarat Open Space Strategy and Environmental Sustainability Strategy
Amends Clauses 21, 21.02, 21.04, 21.06, 21.09 and 21.10 to reference and give effect to Ballarat Open Space Strategy 2008. Also amends Schedule to Clause 52.01 to introduce contributions for public open space - namely 10% for growth area and 5% for other land.
- Amendment C145 - Planning Certificates
This amendment makes the Minister for Planning (via Lands Victoria) the Responsible Authority for the issuing of planning certificates.
- Amendment C147 - Removal of Public Acquistion Overlay from Elsworth Street East, Canadian
This amendment seeks to remove the Public Acquisition Overlay (PAO2) from the southern side of Elsworth Street East, Canadian.
- Amendment C149 - Dowling Forest Precinct Master Plan
Rezones land adjacent to Dowling Forest Racecourse to Special Use Zone Schedule 13, amends Clauses 21.09 and 21.10 and Schedule to the Farming Zone to implement the 'Dowling Forest Precinct Master Plan' and the 'Implementation of Dowling Forest Precinct Master Plan'.
- Amendment C156 - Application of Heritage Overlay to 10 Creswick Street, Miners Rest
Applies Heritage Overlay to former St James Presbyterian Church located at 10 Creswick Street, Miners Rest.
- Amendment C157 - 48 Cummins Road, Mount Rowan
Rezones land from Farming Zone to Rural Living Zone at 48 Cummins Road, Mount Rowan. Amends schedule to Rural Living Zone to provide 2ha minimum lot size for subdivision.
- Amendment C159 - Stockland Expansion
Amendment C159 - Stockland Expansion
- Amendment C161 - 1187, 1189 and 1191 Geelong Road, Mt Clear
Appllies Public Acquisition Overlay (PA01) to 1187, 1189 and 1191 Ballarat-Buninyong Road (Geelong Road), Mount Clear to enable a major upgrade to the intersection of Ballarat-Buninyong Road (Geelong Road) and Mount Clear-Sebastopol Road (Whitehorse Road) and amends Schedule to Clause 61.03.
- Amendment C95
This amendment updates the relevant parts of the Ballarat Planning Scheme to reflect the recommendations contained in the Canadian Valley ODP.
- Amendment C169 - Proposed Ballarat Grammar Educational Campus, Mount Rowan
Changes schedules to Clause 52.03 (Specific Sites and Exclusions) and Clause 81.01 (Table of Documents Incorporated in this Scheme) to include Incorporated Document titled "Ballarat & Queens Anglican Grammar School Foundation Ltd, Lot 2 (PS622085) Gillies Road, Mount Rowan 9 April 2013"
- Ballarat West Employment Zone
Rezones 415.7 hectares Crown land in Mitchell Park and Cardigan from Special Use Zone 6 (Ballarat Airfield) and Farming Zone to Special Use Zone 14 (Ballarat West Employment Zone).
- Amendment C152 - Central Business District (CBD) Strategy
The effect of the amendment is to update the Ballarat Planning Scheme to reflect the recommendations of Making Ballarat Central - The CBD Strategy 2011 and include the strategy as a reference document.
- Amendment C154 - Ballarat Gaming Policy Framework
Authorisation No A02153 Implements the Ballarat Gaming Policy Framework, 2011 by amending Clauses 21.04 and 21.10 and the Schedules to Clause 52.28-3 and 52.28-4 and introduces Clause 22.14 Gaming, to guide the location of the electronic gaming machines.
- Amendment C155 - Expansion of Mount Helen Techology Park
The amendment rezones land at Mt Helen Technology Park from Public Use Zone 2 to the Business 2 Zone
- Amendment C127 - Miners Rest Outline Development Plan
Authority No A1316 Implement the Miners Rest Outline Development Plan 2007 by amending Clause 21 (Municipal Strategic Statement), to amend Clause 22 (Local Planning Policies) and to extend the existing Erosion Management Overlay.
- Amendment C138 - Ballarat Review of Future Industrial Areas
This amendment implements the Ballarat Review of Future Industrial Areas 2009
- Amendment C148 - Rural Land Use Strategy
Amends Clauses 21.00, 21.02, 21.03, 21.04, 21.06, 21.09, 21.10 Schedule to Rural Living Zone and Schedule to Farming Zone and introduces a new local policy at Clause 22.13 to implement Ballarat Rural Land Use Strategy, November 2010 and corrects minor anomalies in Municipal Strategic Statement. Amendment also amends Schedule to Heritage Overlay and Schedule to Clause 61.03 to correct anomalies created by Amendments C146 and C135.
- Amendment C102 - Wildfire Management Overlay
This amendment incorporates the Wildfire Management Overlay into the Ballarat Planning Scheme.
A full list of all current and completed amendments to the Ballarat Planning Scheme and their status is also available from Planning Scheme Amendments Online.