Young girl receiving an injection.

What vaccinations does my child need?

Our qualified immunisation nurses provide scheduled, funded vaccinations for children as per the National Immunisation Program.


Where can I go to get my child vaccinated?

Wednesday Thursday

Lucas Community Hub

Girrabanya Centre Lucas Community Hub

9.30am - 4.30pm

Every Wednesday by Appointment

9.30am - 4.30pm

Every Wednesday by Appointment

Thursday drop-in session
(This clinic is temporarily closed until further notice)

Call 5320 5720 to make a childhood immunisation appointment. You can also contact your medical provider for vaccinations.


Where can I go for vaccination advice?

Contact your medical provider or call Safevic on 9345 4143 for pre-vaccination advice.


How do I keep track of my child’s immunisations?

Vaccinations provided by our service are registered with the Australian Immunisation Register. Access your Immunisation History Statement on your MyGov (Medicare) account or call the immunisation register on 1800 653 809.

This statement will be required for your child to enrol to children’s services and schools.


Can I get vaccinated at the City of Ballarat for an overseas trip?

We don't provide vaccinations (or advice) for travel purposes. Contact your GP, a medical centre or Federation University's Health Centre for specialist travel vaccine advice.


What is the cost of vaccination?

Children with eligibility for a Medicare card will not be charged.


What are my other options?

Immunisation services are available through

  • GPs
  • community health centres
  • pharmacists
  • Aboriginal health services


Where can I get a flu injection?

An annual flu vaccine is recommended to prevent disease, reduce absenteeism and avoid flu complications.

Flu vaccines can be obtained from doctors, indigenous health services, pharmacists, hospitals and community health services. Ballarat Community Health provides a workplace flu vaccination program.


Page topics