Cr Peter Eddy
How do I get in touch?
About Councillor Eddy
Peter Eddy is a North Ward Councillor (since 2020) and is a passionate community advocate with strong beliefs in community volunteerism and the concept of serving the community.
Cr Eddy has contributed to the community as a volunteer his entire life, starting as a teenager in sports coaching and administration. He has also been involved on several local and state not for profit Community Boards over the past 30 years.
He has professionally worked in the Australian Public Service, then as Licensee of the Golf House Hotel in Ballarat North before moving into Sports and Facility Management.
For the last 30 years he was the CEO of Basketball Ballarat; one of the largest associations of its type in regional Victoria and contributing numerous positive impacts on the Ballarat community.
Cr Eddy managed the Ballarat Sports Events Centre and the Minerdome; a diverse business turning over $5.8 million annually with a staff of 55 and working with a network of more than 1,000 volunteers.
Cr Eddy retired from the role of CEO of Basketball Ballarat in September 2020.
He is currently a Strategic Advisor for Basketball Victoria on Facility Development, Government Relations and Association Development on projects in the Melbourne northern metropolitan area.
Cr Eddy is married and lives in Ballarat North with his wife Maxine and their daughter, Jess.
He enjoys reading, sport, theatre and walking.
- Planning Delegated Committee
- Coghill’s Creek / Glendaruel Cemetery (as Trustee)
- Learmonth Cemetery (as Trustee)
- Ballarat Airport / Aerodrome Advisory Committee
- Ballarat Friends of Ainaro Community Advisory Committee (Chair)
- CEO Performance Review Advisory Committee
- Lake Learmonth Advisory Committee (Chair)
- Tourism Events Stakeholder Reference Group
- Ballarat Major Events Precinct Stakeholder Reference Group
- Local Learning Education Network