Cr Daniel Moloney (Mayor)
How do I get in touch?
About Councillor Moloney
Daniel Moloney is the Mayor of the City of Ballarat and North Ward Councillor (since 2016).
He is a public relations and stakeholder relations professional who brings to his role as Councillor more than 20 years of high‐level policy experience advising and working with corporate directors, councils, government departments and ministers.
Cr Moloney served in the 2016-2020 Council term and in October 2020 was re-elected for the 2020-2024 Term.
He was also elected Mayor of Ballarat from October 2020 to October 2021.
His strong background in tourism includes work as a board member of Ballarat Regional Tourism and as a marketer with V/Line; his communications experience includes work advising Victorian Government agencies, a London-based charity, and as a suburban Melbourne-based journalist.
Cr Moloney’s extensive business experience includes management of Victorian Government campaigns, work for the Victorian Office of Fair Trading and Business Affairs (now known as Consumer Affairs Victoria), and the establishment of his own small business, a Ballarat and Melbourne-based public relations company.
He has worked for some of Australia’s biggest transport and infrastructure companies; he is passionate about public transport and as one of the thousands of Ballarat residents who regularly commute by train to Melbourne to work, he is determined to see public transport services continue to improve.
Cr Moloney has a BA (Journalism) RMIT, MBA (Federation University Australia), Dip Business; he was made a Fellow of the Public Relations Institute of Australia in 2016 in recognition of his achievements in the industry.
Cr Moloney grew up in Ballarat and returned to raise his two children.
He remains active in the community in volunteer roles in addition to his elected representative role.
- Community Grant Allocations Delegated Committee
- Contracts Approval Special Committee
- Planning Delegated Committee (Chair)
- Coghill’s Creek / Glendaruel Cemetery (Chair)
- Learmonth Cemetery (Chair)
- Ballarat Airport / Aerodrome Advisory Committee
- Koorie Engagement Action Group Advisory Committee
- Lake Wendouree and Gardens Advisory Committee
- CEO Performance Review Advisory Committee (Chair)
- Tourism Events Stakeholder Reference Group
- Ballarat Major Events Precinct Stakeholder Reference Group
- Arch of Victory / Avenue of Honour Advisory Group
- Central Highlands Councils of Victoria
- Committee for Ballarat
- Regional Cities Victoria
- Central Capitals of Australia Board
- World League of Historical Cities Board