Cr Amy Johnson (Deputy Mayor)
How do I get in touch?
About Councillor Johnson
Amy Johnson is the Deputy Mayor of the City of Ballarat and North Ward Councillor (since 2012).
In the 2020 local government elections, Cr Johnson achieved the highest primary vote among all 28 candidates standing for election.
She has extensive experience as a non-executive director across government and not-for-profit sectors, in a statutory and advisory board capacity. Cr Johnson has completed the Company Directors Course from the Australian Institute of Company Directors, as well as the Company Directors Course
Update on two occasions, to ensure her governance knowledge remains up to date. Cr Johnson’s interests include family and children’s services, maintaining a strong local economy, supporting business, and fostering a strong arts and events community in Ballarat.
She holds a Bachelors Degree in Health Science, majoring in Health Promotion and Community Development and as a result is particularly interested in public health and working toward the best outcomes for the whole of our community.
Cr Johnson lives in Ballarat North with her partner Carl and daughter Audrey.
- Planning Delegated Committee
- Audit and Risk Committee
- Coghill’s Creek / Glendaruel Cemetery (as Trustee)
- Learmonth Cemetery (as Trustee)
- Family Friendly Ballarat Advisory Committee (Chair)
- Disability Advisory Committee (Chair)
- Intercultural Advisory Committee
- CEO Performance Review Advisory Committee
- Australian Local Government Women’s Association
- Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV)
- MAV Rural South Central Region Group