Win a $500 eftpos voucher
In December we launched our Summer in Ballarat campaign, which we had designed to reach more than three million people through television, radio, print, digital and outdoor marketing.
The campaign was designed to highlight Ballarat’s bumper summer line-up of more than 50 events, including the Federation University Road National Championships and Summer Sundays, as well as Ballarat's attractions and school holiday programs.
To help us plan for next summer, we want to hear from you. We're giving you the chance to win a $500 eftpos voucher for telling us what you thought of our Summer in Ballarat campaign.
To be in the running:
1) Fill out the following survey
Competition closes on Friday 6 March 2020.
Please read the Terms and Conditions below before entering.
By entering this competition you will be added to our Visit Ballarat mailing list.
Marketing campaign survey
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter this Campaign forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Completion of the Entry Procedure and participation in this Campaign is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- This Campaign is being co-ordinated by City of Ballarat
- Any questions or comments regarding the Campaign should be directed to the Campaign Email.
- Campaign: City of Ballarat – Win a $500 eftpos voucher
- Campaign Email: email@example.com
- Campaign Period
- Commences at: 9am (AEST) on Wednesday 15 January 2020
- Ends at: 12pm (AEST) on Friday 6 March
- Eligibility Criteria: persons that are aged 18 years of age or older
- Entrant: a person that meets the Eligibility Criteria and completes an Entry into the Campaign in accordance with these Terms and Conditions
- Entry: is the result of completing the Entry Procedure in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and includes all content (which includes without limitation any text, images, photos or videos) that is submitted, uploaded, published, created, communicated or used as part of the Entry Procedure
- Entry Procedure: Entrants must:
- access the competition section on ballarat.vic.gov.au;
- provide their name and email address where prompted;
- accept these Terms and Conditions
- Selection of Winner: At the end of the promotional period, the prize winner will be drawn at random by the Promoter. Winner/s will be contacted via email with further details, and must present their personal contact details upon request. Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- One (1) $500 eftpos voucher.
- Prize Pool Value: Total amount of $500
- Terms and Conditions: means these terms and conditions and includes any variations or amendments
- City of Ballarat: Ballarat City Council ABN 37 601 599 422 of 25 Armstrong Street South, BALLARAT 3350
- Winner: means a Prize winner selected pursuant to these Terms and Conditions
- In addition, unless otherwise stated, in these Terms and Conditions and the Campaign:
- All monetary values are in Australian Dollars;
- All values and amounts that appear in these Terms and Conditions are inclusive of GST;
- Headings are for reference purposes only.
- Participation in this Campaign is only open to those persons who meet the Eligibility Criteria.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the City of Ballarat are ineligible to enter. Immediate families includes: spouse, child (natural or adopted), parent, grandparent, siblings, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew or cousin (by blood, marriage or relationship).
- City of Ballarat reserves the right, at any time, to verify the eligibility of an Entrant and to disqualify any Entrant that does not meet the Eligibility Criteria.
- Any costs associated with meeting the Eligibility Criteria must be met by that person and not City of Ballarat.
- This Campaign is a game of chance and will be randomly drawn by the promoter.
- To enter, eligible persons must complete the Entry Procedure during the Campaign Period.
- Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be rejected and any late, incomplete, indecipherable or illegible Entries will be deemed invalid. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by City of Ballarat and not at the time of transmission.
- Entrants are limited to the one per Entrant. Where an Entrant attempts to submit more than one Entry, all additional or subsequent Entry(s) will be disqualified and ineligible for a Prize.
- Each Entry must be relevant to the Campaign as determined by City of Ballarat in their absolute discretion. City of Ballarat reserves the right to review the Entries during the Campaign Period and remove and reject any which are offensive, inappropriate, defamatory or otherwise not in keeping with the spirit of the Campaign.
- City of Ballarat reserves the right, at any time, to verify compliance with the Entry Procedure, and to disqualify any Entrant that tampers, interferes or manipulates the Entry Procedure.
- Errors and omissions may be accepted at City of Ballarat’s discretion however failure by City of Ballarat to enforce any of their rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Any costs associated with applying, entering or participating in the Campaign (including internet access and download charges) will be at the cost of the Entrant.
- If an Entrant would like to remove their Entry from publication on the Campaign Website or from consideration for a Prize, they must request removal via email to the Campaign Email which request will be attended to within 14 days of a request being made. Once removed, that Entry will no longer be eligible for a Prize.
Consents and warranties on entry
- Entrants agree to their Entry being used by City of Ballarat in the future and grant them a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable transferable licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display the Entry for any purpose in any media without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants warrant that they have full authority to grant these rights and will not assert any moral rights in respect of the Entry.
- Entrants warrant and agree that:
- They will not submit, produce, upload or share any content that is fraudulent, or may be in breach of any intellectual property, privacy or other rights;
- No rights in the Entry have been previously granted to any person, corporation or entity;
- They will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Entry or who appears (or who’s property appears) in the content forming part of the Entry;
- They will comply with all applicable laws and regulations including without limitation those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access of use of others’ computer or communication systems.
- Without limiting the above, the Entrant indemnifies City of Ballarat against all loss, damages and costs incurred by City of Ballarat as a result of any breach of the above warranties.
- Entrants understand, acknowledge and agree that:
- Their Entry (or parts thereof) may be posted on the Campaign Website and City of Ballarat website and available for public viewing; and
- By participating in this Campaign, information, links or names may be displayed on the social media pages of City of Ballarat.
- Unless expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions, participation in this Campaign does not entitle any person or Entrant to use any of City of Ballarat intellectual property rights (including any trade mark or content) for any purpose.
- At the end of the promotional period, the prize winner will be drawn at random by the Promoter, to eligible entrants who have complied with the entry procedure.
- All decisions of City of Ballarat are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The randomly drawn entrant by City of Ballarat will win one Prize and be a Winner.
- The Winner will be notified by email within 14 days of a determination being made.
- The total Prize Pool Value for this Campaign is specified in clause 5.
- City of Ballarat will coordinate the prize and will email tickets and confirmation to the winner prior to Monday 6 January.
- City of Ballarat is not responsible for any travel costs or expenditures outside of the prize inclusions.
- If City of Ballarat is unable to contact a Winner, or the Winner does not claim their Prize by Friday 31 January, then that Winner will forfeit their Prize and no cash or other prize will be awarded in lieu.
- It is an Entrant’s responsibility to notify City of Ballarat if their personal details change during the Campaign Period. If a Winner fails to provide a valid or complete address for delivery of the Prize, or delivery has not been successful to an address provided (after reasonable attempts by City of Ballarat) the Prize shall be forfeited by the Winner.
- Prizes are not transferrable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. If any Prize is unavailable, City of Ballarat may at its discretion substitute the Prize with a prize of equal value.
- If a Prize includes a voucher, the voucher is only valid until the expiry date specified on the voucher or by the provider, and is subject to the terms and conditions imposed by the provider. City of Ballarat will not be liable for any voucher that is lost, stolen, damaged or tampered with after it is awarded.
- As a condition of accepting a Prize, a Winner may be requested to sign legal documentation as and in the form required by City of Ballarat including a release and indemnity form.
- No accommodation is included with this prize.
Limitation of Liability
- To the extent permitted by law, City of Ballarat (and their respective officers, contractors, employees, agents and representatives) will not be liable for any personal injury, loss (including loss of opportunity), damage (including, but not limited to, direct, indirect or consequential loss), cost, expense or claim arising from or in relation to:
- the Campaign;
- any Entry or the Entry Procedure;
- any variation in the value of a Prize;
- any tax liability incurred as a result of being awarded a Prize;
- any Prize that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected; or
- the use of the Prize.
Variation to Campaign
- City of Ballarat may in its absolute discretion, but subject to State and Territory laws, modify, suspend, cancel, recommence or extend this Campaign as appropriate if:
- for any reason, this Campaign is not capable of running as planned due to technical, hardware or software failures or interferences, or changes to third party sites or platforms, which affect the administration, operation, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Campaign;
- the level of interest or participation in the Campaign is insufficient or there has been some delay in commencing the Campaign; or
- the Entry Procedure, determination of Winners or delivery of Prizes is prevented hindered or affected by any external agent or event beyond the reasonable control of City of Ballarat.
- All Entries become the property of City of Ballarat.
- The information that each Entrant provides will only be used in connection with, or relating to, the administration of this Campaign and support of City of Ballarat social network pages (including without limitation, any marketing communications you opt-in to receive from City of Ballarat) and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- If any term or condition of these Terms and Conditions or the application thereof to any person or any circumstance shall be or become illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the same shall be read down, if such reading down is possible, and if found to be impossible, shall be severed and the remaining terms, agreements and conditions shall not be affected.
- These Terms and Conditions are to be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Victoria and all parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of that State.