Sebastopol Community Hub
We are building a new Community Hub at Vickers Street Sebastopol
What is the Sebastopol Community Hub Project?
The project will see the Sebastopol Senior Citizens Centre demolished and replaced with an integrated community hub.
The new facility will provide a fresh home for user groups of the existing building, including the Sebastopol Senior Citizens, Ballarat Community Health, McCallum Industries, and 1st Sebastopol Guides.
Sebastopol Community Hub will support community groups that use the present Sebastopol Senior Citizens Centre and new groups to offer activities and services to the Sebastopol community.
It will provide a solution for structural, accessibility and ‘fitness for purpose’ issues identified with the present building.
The location of the hub will complement other well-loved community facilities next to and nearby the site, including the Sebastopol Men’s Shed, Ballarat Community Health, St George’s Reserve, Victory Park, and Sebastopol Splash Park.
The redevelopment was identified as a high priority in the City of Ballarat Community Infrastructure Plan 2022-2037.
It is also a priority project for advocacy for the City of Ballarat.
- 3 x22 place kindergarten rooms for education and play based learning for three and four-year old children
- Spaces for lifelong-learning and physical activity in a fit-for-purpose facility
- Social connectivity for the Sebastopol Seniors Citizens and other community organisations
- Service delivery and spaces for programs to service all age groups in an integrated and local community context
- Early childhood programs and services including maternal and child health, parent groups, and supported playgroups
2019 - 2020
Detailed community consultation undertaken with user groups
Project identified as a Priority Project for Advocacy
November 2021 - April 2022
Project receives bipartisan support at 2022 Federal Election
February – June 2023
Consultation with stakeholders on concept plans
Application to Victorian Schools Building Authority for Building Blocks Capacity Building Grant
Application to Investing in our Communities program to confirm Federal Government commitment