Youth Council Program
- City of Ballarat
- Closing date for this position is Sunday, December 6, 2020 - 11:59pm
The City of Ballarat Youth Services are currently looking for dedicated, passionate and enthusiastic young people, aged 12 – 25 years to become members of our Youth Council program in 2021.
The City of Ballarat Youth Council is made up of young people who are passionate about being involved in their community and become advocates for the views, ideas and needs of young people in the Ballarat area.
Youth Council develop ‘youth led’ projects, campaigns and advocate for young people in the Ballarat region. Participants will develop skills in areas such as advocacy, project management, cultural competency, media and communication, and have other unique opportunities to develop their leadership skills.
Key Selection Criteria
- Aged between 12 and 25 years at time of application
- Interest in leadership and commitment to personal development
- Availability & willingness to attend and participate in regular meetings, events and opportunities provided to the Youth Council
- If 18 years or older, carry a current Working with Children Check or be eligible to apply for one
- Completed or willingness to undertake a current National Police Check (no more than 6 months old)
- Commitment to being part of a safe and inclusive environment
- Ability to observe child safe principles and expectations for appropriate behavior towards and in the company of children
- Willingness to participate in social and team building activities
- Ability to work in a team or the preparedness to develop those skills
- Contribute to an encouraging, supportive, positive and meaningful experience for all Youth Councillors
- Open to developing skills in active leadership and decision making
- Interest in local government and civic duties
The closing date for this position is 11.59pm Sunday, 6 December 2020
For further information on this position, please contact Katja Fiedler, Youth Development Officer, M: 0439 793 071
How to Apply
The City of Ballarat is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to providing a safe and inclusive working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and flexibility.
We welcome applications from all walks of life and celebrate the diversity and richness this brings to our workplace.
We welcome and encourage applications from people living with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer.
We support flexible and accessible working arrangements for all and are committed to ensuring that all jobs in our workforce can be performed flexibly. If you're short listed for a role and are looking for flexibility, we encourage you to start the flexible working conversation with the hiring manager to find out what options may be possible for the role you're applying for.