Plant Operator (Trails and Waterways)
- Full time
- Salaray $55,261.44 to $59,139.60 per annum, plus applicable allowances and 9.5% superannuation
- Closing date for this position is Sunday, March 1, 2020 - 11:59pm
- Permanent Full Time position
- Salary between $55,261.44 to $59,139.60 per annum plus applicable allowances and 9.5% superannuation
The Plant Operator Trails and Waterways is responsible for the delivery of services for the maintenance of the City’s lakes and waterway reserves, with a particular emphasis on
· Waterways, formed channels, wetlands and open water bodies
· Paths, Bridges, Fencing and Signs within those reserves
· Natural Reserve’s and Roadsides
The successful applicant will need
· Demonstrated relevant work experience
· A heavy ridged licence endorsement to enable operation of truck/trailer combinations of up to and in excess of 13.9 tonne Gross Combined Mass
· A Chainsaw Operation Level 1 Certificate to enable cross cutting
· A Farm Chemical Handling Certificate to enable herbicide application
· Demonstrated plant operation skills in:
- Operation of hand tools and light mechanical plant used in horticultural maintenance
- Dressing, levelling and grading of paths & trails surfaces
- Knowledge and experience of formed/unformed channel maintenance, revegetation and erosion control
· Literacy and numeracy skills to maintain a diary, read instructions and perform chemical application calculations
· Basic knowledge in the construction of drains, paths, and pits
· Knowledge and understanding of health and safety issues relevant to work activities and work area
The closing date for this position is midnight Sunday, 02 March 2020.
Working at the City of Ballarat, you will be rewarded with flexible working arrangements and work/life balance, attractive salary, study assistance programs, discounted gym memberships and an encouraging and supportive work environment.
For further information on the above position contact Ken Cox, on 53 207 460
To apply for this position please obtain an Information Pack via Council's website at www.ballarat.vic.gov.au or by contacting Human Resources on 5320 5597. Please ensure you address the Key Selection Criteria and complete the Application Cover Sheet.
How to Apply
- Read the Position Description
- Complete the Application Form
- Please ensure you address the Key Selection Criteria
- To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach:
- Covering Letter
- Addressed Key Selection Criteria
- Application Form
- Include the position title in the email subject
Learn about our employment details.
The City of Ballarat is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to providing a safe and inclusive working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and flexibility.
We welcome applications from all walks of life and celebrate the diversity and richness this brings to our workplace.
We welcome and encourage applications from people living with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex or queer.
We support flexible and accessible working arrangements for all and are committed to ensuring that all jobs in our workforce can be performed flexibly. If you're short listed for a role and are looking for flexibility, we encourage you to start the flexible working conversation with the hiring manager to find out what options may be possible for the role you're applying for.