You're never too young to fall in love with words and stories.
The City of Ballarat's three branch libraries open up a world of reading to Ballarat's youngest residents and their families.
Your local library runs free storytime sessions for young children, with activities including telling stories, reciting rhymes, singing songs, doing craft and exploring other languages and cultures.
The library also hosts Technology Hub sessions that provide free training on a range of topics, including computers, tablets and smartphones.
With your library card, you’ll also receive 24/7 access to books, films, magazines and more. And it's free to become a member!
Visit the Ballarat Libraries:
- Ballarat Library, 178 Doveton Street North. Phone: 5338 6850
- Wendouree Library, Stockland Shopping Centre, Gillies Street. Phone: 5339 3505
- Sebastopol Library, 181 Albert Street. Phone: 5335 7985
Library Outreach Van
The instant pop-up library rolls into Miners Rest, Learmonth, Delacombe, Warrenheip, Ballarat East, Buninyong and Lucas every week. The library van features a range of adult and children's resources including books, magazines, audio visual material and DVDs.
The City of Ballarat Library Van stops at:
- Miners Rest Primary School, Dundas Street — Mondays, 2.30-4.30pm
- Lucas Community Hub, Coltman Plaza — Tuesdays, 10am-12pm
- Warrenheip Memorial Hall, Ti Tree Road — Tuesdays, 2.30-4.30pm
- Learmonth Bowling Club, 2 McKay Street — Wednesdays, 10am-12pm
- The Eureka Centre, Stawell Street South — Thursdays, 10am-12.30pm
- Delacombe Salvation Army, corner Greenhalghs Road and Warrina Drive — Fridays, 10am-12pm
- The Church of Saints Peter and Paul, 701 Fisken Street, Buninyong — Saturdays, 9am-12pm
Sign up for our monthly eNewsletter here to keep up-to-date with library events, programs and service information.