Inagawa lies to the southeast of Hyogo Prefecture; it touches Osaka Prefecture's Toyono District in the east, Kawanishi City in the south, Takaruzaka and Sanda City in the west, and Sasayama Town of the Taki District in the north.
The City of Ballarat , the State of Victoria, Australia and the Town of Inagawa Hyogo Prefecture, Japan have engaged in many cultural and educational activities in the spirit of friendship, freedom and peace for twenty years after entering into a Sister City Agreement on the 1st day of August, 1988.We commit to strengthening Sister City relationships even further, with respect to items listed as follows:
- promote International Education by continuing to pursue opportunities through the Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) program, an exchange student program and staff exchanges from each City. These people will be encouraged to become goodwill ambassadors and promote the understanding of each others culture and history.
- promote arts and cultural development through the mutual exchange of artwork.
- promote opportunities for Inagawa to be a window to the to the Hanshin area with respect to economic exchange and the development of mutually beneficial economic activities.
- promote tourism between our cities through further information exchange and development of ideas including a focus on mining history.
- staff exchanges will be conducted from each City each other year. The exchange officer will take up the mission of goodwill ambassador to introduce and to make good understanding of each others culture and history.
- we have committed to share ideas and experiences of volunteer organisations.