Ballarat / Live - Work - Invest
- Ballarat West Employment Zone
The Ballarat West Employment Zone is a 623 hectare precinct to the West of the Ballarat Ring Road and Learmonth Road
- Ballarat West Intermodal Freight Hub
The Intermodal Freight Hub is a 16 hectare freight handling facility located in the Ballarat West Employment Zone (BWEZ).
- Ballarat West Growth Zone
Council is advancing priority projects in Ballarat West to accommodate population growth, provide local employment & business opportunities.
- Health Precinct
The growth in the health and education professions along Mair Street is a benefit to the City and is part of the City and region’s goals. This growth is likely to accelerate in coming years.
- Ballarat Airport
Following extensive infrastructure and development works, we are now offering a unique opportunity for aviation businesses.
- Why Ballarat?
Industry specific reports and information on growth and why Ballarat is 'the place' to do business.
- Population of 95,007
- Located 110km (75 minutes) north west of Melbourne
- Over two million visitors annually
- One of the fastest growing regional centres in Australia with outstanding primary, secondary & tertiary education facilities
- Gateway to the Grampians, Pyrenees and Spa Country
- Renowned for its beautiful parks, gardens, tree lined streets, Victorian architecture and the heritage of the 1850s Gold Rush
- 30 million state budget boost for Ballarat West Employment Zone
06, May, 2014
The Ballarat West Employment Zone (BWEZ) has received $30.2 million from the Victorian Coalition Government in the State Budget representing a major boost for i...
- Register your business in 2014/15 New Residents booklet
17, February, 2014
Is your business looking for a unique promotional opportunity? The City of Ballarat is inviting local businesses to participate in the new edition of the New Re...
- Emmaus Primary School planning application update
06, February, 2014
A planning application for the Emmaus primary School site has received 10 objections. The school has confirmed with Council that, should the application be succ...
- Ballarat Regional Capital Plan: A roadmap for transformative jobs growth
10, December, 2013
A plan for Ballarat's next phase of transformative growth has been unveiled. The Premier of Victoria, The Hon Denis Napthine launched the Ballarat Regional C...
- Works continue on the Ballarat Regional Soccer Facility redevelopment
23, October, 2013
Work on the $5.3 million redevelopment of the Ballarat Regional Soccer Facility is well underway. Demolition works on the existing Morshead Park clubrooms wi...
- Serious penalties for retailers selling cigarettes to minors
16, October, 2013
Ballarat retailers have been reminded of their responsibility to comply with laws prohibiting the sale of cigarettes to people aged under-18 years. Under stat...
- Peel Street redevelopment update
16, September, 2013
Council is committed to retaining the Ballarat CBD as the primary retailing precinct. Council was successful in receiving a State Government grant to complete ...
- Armstrong St streetscape key to CBD activity
27, August, 2013
The City of Ballarat has welcomed the State Government's announcement today of $500,000 towards the redevelopment of Armstrong Street North, between Sturt and M...
- Woodman’s Hill developments proposal to be considered by Council
23, August, 2013
The City of Ballarat will consider a report at its ordinary meeting next week which recommends that Council supports a proposal for a major employment precinct ...
- BWEZ Planning Scheme Amendment C166 gazetted
22, July, 2013
The Ballarat West Employment Zone (BWEZ) has reached a key milestone with the Minister for Planning, the Hon Matthew Guy MLC, approving Amendment C166 to the Ba...